Examples of ensure in a Sentence
- A combination of … personal courage, dashing leadership from the front, willingness to share the toughest rigours suffered by the ordinary soldiers, and a liberal dose of sheer good fortune ensured his stature as a great general. —Paul Cartledge, History Today, July 2004
- Indeed, even though she's been off the mainstream radar for more than a decade, her passionate love for and commitment to rock & roll have ensured that she's managed to make a steady living. —Tom Sinclair, Entertainment Weekly, 24 Nov. 2000
- At 20, [Kobe] Bryant is already living the modern American dream, a $70 million man on the NBA's glamour team in the nation's starriest city. His acrobatic moves make him the envy of teenage boys and his good looks and megawatt smile a heartthrob for teenage girls, ensuring his status as one of the NBA's premier pitchmen … —Allison Samuels et al., Newsweek, 31 May 1999
They took steps to ensure the safety of the passengers.
regulations that ensure the wholesomeness of our food
Recent Examples of ensure from the Web
To ensure the story was told in an age-appropriate and respectful manner, Disney Channel and Terri Minsky consulted child development experts, Common Sense Media, GLAAD and PFLAG.
The league’s referees have been instructed to prioritize watching for traveling and have updated their order of operations to ensure they’re tracking pivot feet correctly. **** 2017-'18 PREDICTIONS NBA CHAMPION: Golden State Warriors.
If that is not the case, Barila may look to find his client regular first team football elsewhere, to ensure that Ruiz is able to develop at such a young age.
Councilmember Darren Suen said the comments came too late to move the event, but the city will be providing additional light, signage and security to ensure the safety of attendees.
Based in Savannah, Georgia, the brand launched in 2010 with the mission of creating men’s grooming products using naturally-derived preservatives and a blend of nostalgic essential oils to ensure both safety and efficacy.
Brian Hogan, president of Fidelity‘s stock funds division, held an emergency meeting on Oct. 16 to ensure everyone is aware of the company’s zero-tolerance policy for inappropriate conduct, according to a source familiar with the meeting.
Music needs to ensure that gains of other art forms are not at the expense of our own.
Premier Li Keqiang visited the company in April and told workers that while the closure would take a toll, the nation would work to ensure employees are shifted to new positions rather than laid off.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'ensure.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Synonym Discussion of ensure
- the government has ensured the safety of the refugees
- careful planning should insure the success of the party
- I assure you that no harm will be done
- sent reinforcements to secure their position
ENSURE Defined for English Language Learners
ENSURE Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up ensure? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).