Examples of ensure in a Sentence
- A combination of … personal courage, dashing leadership from the front, willingness to share the toughest rigours suffered by the ordinary soldiers, and a liberal dose of sheer good fortune ensured his stature as a great general. —Paul Cartledge, History Today, July 2004
- Indeed, even though she's been off the mainstream radar for more than a decade, her passionate love for and commitment to rock & roll have ensured that she's managed to make a steady living. —Tom Sinclair, Entertainment Weekly, 24 Nov. 2000
- At 20, [Kobe] Bryant is already living the modern American dream, a $70 million man on the NBA's glamour team in the nation's starriest city. His acrobatic moves make him the envy of teenage boys and his good looks and megawatt smile a heartthrob for teenage girls, ensuring his status as one of the NBA's premier pitchmen … —Allison Samuels et al., Newsweek, 31 May 1999
They took steps to ensure the safety of the passengers.
regulations that ensure the wholesomeness of our food
Recent Examples of ensure from the Web
To ensure the story was told in an age-appropriate and respectful manner, Disney Channel and Terri Minsky consulted child development experts, Common Sense Media, GLAAD and PFLAG.
The league’s referees have been instructed to prioritize watching for traveling and have updated their order of operations to ensure they’re tracking pivot feet correctly. **** 2017-'18 PREDICTIONS NBA CHAMPION: Golden State Warriors.
HomeAid will help organize the items and identify the agencies that can ensure they are delivered to the appropriate people.
After Season 1, James and the show-runners decided to go back to their original plan, believing that the show needed a change to ensure its longevity.
Palmateer said as a representative of the building trades, his concerns are tied to ensuring the project is constructed using union labor.
The vast spaces among the stars ensure that the two formations flow together, with few if any stars making contact with any others.
The issue was to ensure that, in those areas [including marketing and retail strategy] that Cadillac needed 100% mindshare, those discussions took place among people who are invested in the brand.
The team will use the force and torque sensors built into the drill arm to ensure that the drill doesn't experience any sideways forces while the drill is operating.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'ensure.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Synonym Discussion of ensure
- the government has ensured the safety of the refugees
- careful planning should insure the success of the party
- I assure you that no harm will be done
- sent reinforcements to secure their position
ENSURE Defined for English Language Learners
ENSURE Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up ensure? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).