Examples of ensure in a Sentence
- A combination of … personal courage, dashing leadership from the front, willingness to share the toughest rigours suffered by the ordinary soldiers, and a liberal dose of sheer good fortune ensured his stature as a great general. —Paul Cartledge, History Today, July 2004
- Indeed, even though she's been off the mainstream radar for more than a decade, her passionate love for and commitment to rock & roll have ensured that she's managed to make a steady living. —Tom Sinclair, Entertainment Weekly, 24 Nov. 2000
- At 20, [Kobe] Bryant is already living the modern American dream, a $70 million man on the NBA's glamour team in the nation's starriest city. His acrobatic moves make him the envy of teenage boys and his good looks and megawatt smile a heartthrob for teenage girls, ensuring his status as one of the NBA's premier pitchmen … —Allison Samuels et al., Newsweek, 31 May 1999
They took steps to ensure the safety of the passengers.
regulations that ensure the wholesomeness of our food
Recent Examples of ensure from the Web
Leaders from across the city are working to ensure that our symphony not only survives, but thrives with a solid and sustainable financial footing.
For the unfamiliar, a mechanics lien is the legal claim a subcontractor or supplier makes on a property that has been remodeled or improved to ensure they get paid.
The county also has a set of Ellicott City Historic District Design Guidelines, meant to ensure property owners maintain the historic integrity of the area.
These regulations were designed to ensure citizens weren't subjected again to rampant financial practices on Wall Street.
New volunteers will interview with our director of engagement to determine the best placement and to ensure a mutually beneficial experience.
Among other things, Boehringer also will be required to ensure that clinically relevant information is provided in an unbiased manner that is distinct from promotional materials.
And also very importantly, to ensure the guilty perpetrators are held responsible for their actions.
The old rules were designed to ensure that all content online would be treated equally by companies such as Comcast and AT&T.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'ensure.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Synonym Discussion of ensure
- the government has ensured the safety of the refugees
- careful planning should insure the success of the party
- I assure you that no harm will be done
- sent reinforcements to secure their position
ENSURE Defined for English Language Learners
ENSURE Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up ensure? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).