Examples of ensure in a Sentence
- A combination of … personal courage, dashing leadership from the front, willingness to share the toughest rigours suffered by the ordinary soldiers, and a liberal dose of sheer good fortune ensured his stature as a great general. —Paul Cartledge, History Today, July 2004
- Indeed, even though she's been off the mainstream radar for more than a decade, her passionate love for and commitment to rock & roll have ensured that she's managed to make a steady living. —Tom Sinclair, Entertainment Weekly, 24 Nov. 2000
- At 20, [Kobe] Bryant is already living the modern American dream, a $70 million man on the NBA's glamour team in the nation's starriest city. His acrobatic moves make him the envy of teenage boys and his good looks and megawatt smile a heartthrob for teenage girls, ensuring his status as one of the NBA's premier pitchmen … —Allison Samuels et al., Newsweek, 31 May 1999
They took steps to ensure the safety of the passengers.
regulations that ensure the wholesomeness of our food
Recent Examples of ensure from the Web
The monetary and food donations received from March to May help further the mission of ensuring no Enfield family in need is without food assistance.
Julian said the bureau needs time to ensure there would be no overlap.
Meanwhile, the cast and crew signed government contracts with the Department of Education that ensured the show would be free for educational purposes — and forfeited their rights to royalties.
Robin Lenart, the district's K-12 social studies coordinator, said the textbooks were fully vetted to ensure there was no bias.
The council also approved an ordinance to ensure there will be enough money to meet the Genesis Center payroll in 2018.
Many of Brazil’s largest companies were complicit to ensure their bids would be successful.
The draft emphasizes that US economic security is national security and that economic security must be ensured with military might.
The company does this to ensure that the growing conditions and produce are always optimal—both for the plants' growth and their nutritional content.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'ensure.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Synonym Discussion of ensure
- the government has ensured the safety of the refugees
- careful planning should insure the success of the party
- I assure you that no harm will be done
- sent reinforcements to secure their position
ENSURE Defined for English Language Learners
ENSURE Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up ensure? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).