1 a (1)
:the one of the basic physical senses of which the skin contains the chief end organs and of which the sensations of touch and temperature are characteristic :touch
:a sensation experienced through this sense
:generalized bodily consciousness or sensation
:appreciative or responsive awareness or recognition
- experience a feeling of safety
:an emotional state or reaction
- a kindly feeling toward the boy
:susceptibility to impression :sensitivity
- the remark hurt her feelings
:the undifferentiated background of one's awareness considered apart from any identifiable sensation, perception, or thought
:the overall quality of one's awareness
:conscious recognition :sense
:often unreasoned opinion or belief :sentiment
- What are your feelings about this subject?
- I have a feeling she's not going to like this.
:capacity to respond emotionally especially with the higher emotions
- found out how much feeling his mother really had
:the character ascribed to something :atmosphere
- The place had the feeling of a haunted house.
:the quality of a work of art that conveys the emotion of the artist
- the feeling of the outdoors has been realized with sky-blue ceiling and natural colors
:sympathetic aesthetic response