a feeling ofidiom
Definition of a feeling of
: a sensation of (some emotional or physical state, such as comfort, loyalty, safety, etc.) The new security patrols gave residents a feeling of safety.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Farm Idioms Quiz Take the quiz
- Up in the Sky: A Quiz Take the quiz
- True or False? Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game