1 a (1)
: the one of the basic physical senses of which the skin contains the chief end organs and of which the sensations of touch and temperature are characteristic : touch
: a sensation experienced through this sense
: generalized bodily consciousness or sensation
: appreciative or responsive awareness or recognition
- experience a feeling of safety
: an emotional state or reaction
- a kindly feeling toward the boy
: susceptibility to impression : sensitivity
- the remark hurt her feelings
: the undifferentiated background of one's awareness considered apart from any identifiable sensation, perception, or thought
: the overall quality of one's awareness
: conscious recognition : sense
: often unreasoned opinion or belief : sentiment
- What are your feelings about this subject?
- I have a feeling she's not going to like this.
: capacity to respond emotionally especially with the higher emotions
- found out how much feeling his mother really had
: the character ascribed to something : atmosphere
- The place had the feeling of a haunted house.
: the quality of a work of art that conveys the emotion of the artist
- the feeling of the outdoors has been realized with sky-blue ceiling and natural colors
: sympathetic aesthetic response