Synonyms and Antonyms of regulation
- It's against community regulations to leave your trash on the curb for more than two days.
- The owner seldom visited the plant and did not take an active part in the regulation of the company.
- The regulation of the soccer team was left entirely to the head coach and her assistants.
Synonym Discussion of regulation
- obey the law
- the rules of the game
- regulations affecting nuclear power plants
- the precepts of effective writing
- a statute requiring the use of seat belts
- a city ordinance
- the canons of good taste
Learn More about regulation
See words that rhyme with regulation Dictionary: Definition of regulation Medical Dictionary: Definition of regulation Spanish Central: Translation of regulation Nglish: Translation of regulation for Spanish speakers Britannica English: Translation of regulation for Arabic speakers Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about regulation
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up regulation? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).