:of or relating to law
- She has many legal problems.
:deriving authority from or founded on law :de jure
:having a formal status derived from law often without a basis in actual fact :titular
- a corporation is a legal but not a real person
:established by law;
- the legal test of mental capacity
- —K. C. Masteller
:conforming to or permitted by law or established rules
- The referee said it was a legal play.
- Fishing in this lake is legal.
:recognized or made effective by a court of law as distinguished from a court of equity
:of, relating to, or having the characteristics of the profession of law or of one of its members
- a bottle … that some legal friend had sent him
- —J. G. Cozzens
:created by the constructions of the law
- A legal fiction is something assumed in law to be a fact regardless of the truth of that assumption.