present participle of prickle
Synonyms of prickling
See the Dictionary Definition
to cause or experience an unpleasant feeling that is like the feeling of having many small, sharp points against your skin
- The burrs were prickling my arm.
- The wool sweater prickled my skin.
Synonyms and Near Synonyms for prickling
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/15/19
- 'Cliché': We’ve Heard It All Before
- 'Bounty Hunter': A Hollywood Invention
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
Ask the Editors
- Pass the Little Ribbons: A Pasta Word Quiz Take the quiz
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game