Synonyms & Antonyms of phalanx
formal a large collection of people, animals, or things often placed close together
- A solid phalanx of armed guards stood in front of the castle.
- She had to go through a phalanx of television cameras.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for phalanx
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for phalanx
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Return of Name that Color! Take the quiz
- Name that Thing: Dog Breeds Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game