variants: also dénouement
Synonyms & Antonyms of denouement
formal the final part of something (such as a book, a play, or a series of events)
- In the play's denouement, the two lovers kill themselves.
- the competition's exciting denouement
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for denouement
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for denouement
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why is there a 'd' in 'fridge' but not in 'refrigerator'?
- 'All Intensive Purposes' or 'All Intents and Purposes'?
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?