:one attached to a document to hold an appended seal
:a heraldic charge that consists of a narrow horizontal band with usually three pendants
:a slip (as of paper or cloth) inscribed and affixed to something for identification or description
- The name is prominently displayed on the label.
:written or printed matter accompanying an article to furnish identification or other information
- Read the warning label before taking any medicine.
:a descriptive or identifying word or phrase: such as
- acquired the label of "playboy"
:a word or phrase used with a dictionary definition to provide additional information
- The label obsolete is abbreviated obs.
:a usually radioactive isotope used in labeling
:an adhesive stamp (as for postage or revenue)
5 a (1)
:a brand of commercial recordings issued under a usually trademarked name
:a recording so issued
:a company issuing such recordings
- The band has made records for several different labels.
:the brand name of a retail store selling clothing, a clothing manufacturer, or a fashion designer
- She only buys clothes with a designer label.