: band, fillet;
: one attached to a document to hold an appended seal
: a heraldic charge that consists of a narrow horizontal band with usually three pendants
: a slip (as of paper or cloth) inscribed and affixed to something for identification or description
- The name is prominently displayed on the label.
: written or printed matter accompanying an article to furnish identification or other information
- Read the warning label before taking any medicine.
: a descriptive or identifying word or phrase: such as
- acquired the label of "playboy"
: a word or phrase used with a dictionary definition to provide additional information
- The label obsolete is abbreviated obs.
: a usually radioactive isotope used in labeling
: an adhesive stamp (as for postage or revenue)
5 a (1)
: a brand of commercial recordings issued under a usually trademarked name
: a recording so issued
: a company issuing such recordings
- The band has made records for several different labels.
: the brand name of a retail store selling clothing, a clothing manufacturer, or a fashion designer
- She only buys clothes with a designer label.