variants: or labels clause
Definition of label clause
: a clause in marine insurance limiting the liability of the assurer when only labels, capsules, or wrappers are damaged to the cost of reconditioning to an amount not exceeding the insured value of the goods
to affect and impair by alcohol or a drug
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game