:to join or unite so as to bring about an increase or improvement
- adds 60 acres to his land
- wine adds a creative touch to cooking
:to say further :append
- Do you have anything else to add to the discussion?
:to combine (numbers) into an equivalent simple quantity or number
:to include as a member of a group
- Don't forget to add me in.
:to perform addition
:to come together or unite by addition
- The facts added together to support his theory.
:to serve as an addition
- The movie will add to his fame.