add to this/thatidiom
Definition of add to this/that
—often used informally to introduce a statement about something that makes a thing or situation better, worse, more important, etc. We were given little time to finish. Add to this the fact that nobody helped us, and you can understand why we were angry.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?