hasten to add/say/explain (etc.)idiom
Definition of hasten to add/say/explain (etc.)
: to immediately say something in order to prevent confusion or misunderstanding The company announced that the initial tests look promising, but they hastened to add that there is still much more testing to be done. Let me hasten to point out that these changes will not affect our existing clients.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
- Lovelock to Trichologist: 8 Words About Hair
- The Haiku That Can Pay You Contest Winners
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game