Synonyms and Antonyms of milieu
- Young, innovative artists thrive in the freewheeling milieu that a big city offers.
Synonym Discussion of milieu
- the shocking decision was part of the background of the riots
- a militant reformer who was born into an unlikely social setting
- the kind of environment that produces juvenile delinquents
- an intellectual milieu conducive to artistic experimentation
- a gothic thriller with a carefully crafted mise-en-scène
Learn More about milieu
See words that rhyme with milieu Dictionary: Definition of milieu Medical Dictionary: Definition of milieu Spanish Central: Translation of milieu Nglish: Translation of milieu for Spanish speakers Britannica English: Translation of milieu for Arabic speakers Britannica.com: Encyclopedia article about milieu
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up milieu? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).