Synonyms and Antonyms of fanciful
- She harbors the fanciful notion that she has a talent for singing.
off the wall [slang]
- the fanciful creatures that J.R.R. Tolkien created for his Middle Earth novels
Synonym Discussion of fanciful
- an imaginary desert isle
- a teller of fanciful stories
- visionary schemes
- a fantastic world inhabited by monsters
- chimerical dreams of future progress
- a quixotic crusade
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up fanciful? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).