Synonyms & Antonyms of accost
See the Dictionary Definition
to approach and speak to (someone) often in an angry, aggressive, or unwanted way
- He was accosted by peddlers selling touristy trinkets on the street.
- She was so famous that people would accost her on the street and ask for an autograph.
Synonyms & Near Synonyms for accost
Antonyms & Near Antonyms for accost
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Words of Snow and Ice Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game