Examples of ridiculous in a Sentence
- His band mates take the stage in ridiculous elf costumes—black tights, pointy felt hats. —Jason Cohen, Rolling Stone, 23 Feb. 1995
- I also poked fun at those ridiculous fins on the '59 Cadillac. The '60, now, that was something else, and I've thought highly enough of the design to have owned two of them. —Marshall Schuon, New York Times, 30 June 1991
- Take into account the artist's intention and choice of means. This sounds so elementary that it seems ridiculous to bring it up … —Leonardo Shapiro, Village Voice, 27 Aug. 1991
- It was absurd for him to paint portraits for pay, and ridiculous to paint them for nothing; so he did not paint them at all. —William Dean Howells, The Rise of Silas Lapham, 1885
She looks ridiculous in that outfit.
It was a ridiculous suggestion.
That's an absolutely ridiculous price for that sweater.
Recent Examples of ridiculous from the Web
To just throw that right away is kind of ridiculous.
There’s a good reason for the long tradition of humorous superheroes — superheroes are kind of ridiculous.
Neymar's antics have been so ridiculous that kids in Switzerland had some fun with it at practice.
Football is defined by moments; small passages of time which can range from the awe-inspiring to the outright ridiculous.
Today’s trailer was suitably ridiculous though, ending with Rico riding a car into what looked like a tornado?
To drop this on us and other candidates is just ridiculous.
But what’s happened in this division through the season’s first six weeks borders on the ridiculous.
Awayland, by Ramona Ausubel: A bewitching collection of stories that hop between the real and the ridiculous.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'ridiculous.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
antic, chucklesome, comedic, comic, comical, droll, farcical, funny, hilarious, humorous, hysterical (also hysteric), killing, laughable, ludicrous, riotous, risible, screaming, sidesplitting, uproarious;
Synonym Discussion of ridiculous
- laughable attempts at skating
- a thriller with a ludicrous plot
- a ridiculous display of anger
- a comic character
- a comical hat
RIDICULOUS Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of ridiculous for English Language Learners
: extremely silly or unreasonable
RIDICULOUS Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up ridiculous? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).