Examples of ridiculous in a Sentence
- His band mates take the stage in ridiculous elf costumes—black tights, pointy felt hats. —Jason Cohen, Rolling Stone, 23 Feb. 1995
- I also poked fun at those ridiculous fins on the '59 Cadillac. The '60, now, that was something else, and I've thought highly enough of the design to have owned two of them. —Marshall Schuon, New York Times, 30 June 1991
- Take into account the artist's intention and choice of means. This sounds so elementary that it seems ridiculous to bring it up … —Leonardo Shapiro, Village Voice, 27 Aug. 1991
- It was absurd for him to paint portraits for pay, and ridiculous to paint them for nothing; so he did not paint them at all. —William Dean Howells, The Rise of Silas Lapham, 1885
She looks ridiculous in that outfit.
It was a ridiculous suggestion.
That's an absolutely ridiculous price for that sweater.
Recent Examples of ridiculous from the Web
Apparently, Kylie thinks the father rumors about Tim are ridiculous.
The idea of just a choir starting straight off of that would be ridiculous.
Some of the stuff that is in there and the lines in the show are so ridiculous.
Conway isn’t saying that Trump is being ridiculous.
So there was a paddle boarder in Australia, and something ridiculous happened.
Is this is a ridiculous amount of power to cede to cheese?
The emotional roller coaster of this race is ridiculous.
Soooo many Sanctuary areas want OUT of this ridiculous, crime infested & breeding concept.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'ridiculous.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
antic, chucklesome, comedic, comic, comical, droll, farcical, funny, hilarious, humorous, hysterical (also hysteric), killing, laughable, ludicrous, riotous, risible, screaming, sidesplitting, uproarious;
Synonym Discussion of ridiculous
- laughable attempts at skating
- a thriller with a ludicrous plot
- a ridiculous display of anger
- a comic character
- a comical hat
RIDICULOUS Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of ridiculous for English Language Learners
: extremely silly or unreasonable
RIDICULOUS Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up ridiculous? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).