Definition of the sublime
: something that is very beautiful or good : something that is extraordinary They have brought ordinary food to the level of the sublime. The movies shown at the festival ranged from the sublime to the ridiculous.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game