:according with, constituting, or not deviating from a norm, rule, or principle
- The normal way to pluralize a noun is by adding -s.
:conforming to a type, standard, or regular pattern
- He had a normal childhood.
- the effect of normal aging
:of, relating to, or characterized by average intelligence or development
- IQs within the normal range
:free from mental illness :mentally sound
- symptoms of paranoia in otherwise normal persons
:having a straight-chain structure
of a subgroup
:having the property that every coset produced by operating on the left by a given element is equal to the coset produced by operating on the right by the same element
of a matrix
:having the property of commutativity under multiplication by the transpose of the matrix (see matrix 5a) each of whose elements is a conjugate (see 1conjugate 2b) complex number with respect to the corresponding element of the given matrix