average/normal/general/usual run ofidiom
Definition of average/normal/general/usual run of
: the usual or normal kind of (person or thing) She's not like the average run of students. The place is different from the usual run of restaurants.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game