lon·gi·ros·trine | \ ¦länjə¦rästrə̇n, -räˌstrīn\
Definition of longirostrine
(Entry 1 of 2)
: having a long jaw
Definition of longirostrine (Entry 2 of 2)
: a long-jawed creature specifically : one of the long-jawed primitive proboscideans of the family Gomphotheriidae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?