Definition of heel
- nipping at the cow's heels
- rubbed his eyes with the heels of his hands
- —Warren Eyster
- squashed the bug with his boot heel
- felt like a heel
- a few heels who appear to get away with it
- —Frank Case
- In the traditional morality plays of professional wrestling, grapplers divided into good guys, or "baby faces," and black-hatted "heels."
- —John Leland
heellessplay \ˈhēl-ləs\ adjective
- had the enemy by the heels
- His slippers were down at the heel.
- came close on the heels of the announcement
- called the dog to heel
- reluctantly came to heel
- help to bring inflation to heel
- They kept us under heel.