Examples of ensure in a Sentence
- A combination of … personal courage, dashing leadership from the front, willingness to share the toughest rigours suffered by the ordinary soldiers, and a liberal dose of sheer good fortune ensured his stature as a great general. —Paul Cartledge, History Today, July 2004
- Indeed, even though she's been off the mainstream radar for more than a decade, her passionate love for and commitment to rock & roll have ensured that she's managed to make a steady living. —Tom Sinclair, Entertainment Weekly, 24 Nov. 2000
- At 20, [Kobe] Bryant is already living the modern American dream, a $70 million man on the NBA's glamour team in the nation's starriest city. His acrobatic moves make him the envy of teenage boys and his good looks and megawatt smile a heartthrob for teenage girls, ensuring his status as one of the NBA's premier pitchmen … —Allison Samuels et al., Newsweek, 31 May 1999
They took steps to ensure the safety of the passengers.
regulations that ensure the wholesomeness of our food
Recent Examples of ensure from the Web
The issue was to ensure that, in those areas [including marketing and retail strategy] that Cadillac needed 100% mindshare, those discussions took place among people who are invested in the brand.
The team will use the force and torque sensors built into the drill arm to ensure that the drill doesn't experience any sideways forces while the drill is operating.
Chef O’Connell will ensure this is the culinary event of a lifetime.
The goal is to ensure fans paying as much as $1,625 for individual two-day tickets, or suite packages that climb as high as an average of $2,000 per person, buzz more than bark.
This ensured that the hair would maintain its body throughout the entire day and night.
To view this page ensure that Adobe Flash Player version 10.2.0 or greater is installed.
This ensures a more even doneness throughout the entire fillet.
Her job is to ensure the integrity of Lee’s original designs, whether that translates to object placement or material preservation.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'ensure.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Synonym Discussion of ensure
- the government has ensured the safety of the refugees
- careful planning should insure the success of the party
- I assure you that no harm will be done
- sent reinforcements to secure their position
ENSURE Defined for English Language Learners
ENSURE Defined for Kids
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up ensure? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).