Definition of connect
- The two rooms connect by a hallway.
- ideas that connect easily to form a theory
- connecting flights
- passengers connecting with international flights
- connected for a home run
- He connected on 60 percent of his shots.
- tried to connect with the younger generation
- connect to the Internet
- A highway connects the two towns.
- Police were unable to connect her to the crime.
connectableor less commonly connectible play \kə-ˈnek-tə-bəl\ adjective
connectoror less commonly connecter play \kə-ˈnek-tər\ noun
- trying to connect the dots in the investigation