Synonyms and Antonyms of precursor
- 18th-century lyric poets like Robert Burns were precursors of the Romantics.
- a precursor of the modern eggplant
Synonym Discussion of precursor
- the blockade was the forerunner of war
- 18th century poets like Burns were precursors of the Romantics
- their early victory was the harbinger of a winning season
- the herald of a new age in medicine
Learn More about precursor
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up precursor? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).