Definition of yellow iris
: a common yellow-flowered iris (Iris pseudacorus) of Europe and northern Africa that is naturalized in the U.S. and often cultivated
— called also yellow flag, yellow water flag
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game