vote with one's walletidiom
Definition of vote with one's wallet
2 : to show what one likes and dislikes by choosing where to shop and what to buy If our customers don't like our products, they will vote with their wallets and not buy them.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Word Puzzles Take the quiz
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Add Diction Play the game