vote with one's walletidiom
Definition of vote with one's wallet
2 : to show what one likes and dislikes by choosing where to shop and what to buy If our customers don't like our products, they will vote with their wallets and not buy them.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game