Definition of unheeding
: giving no attention : showing no awareness : not heeding protests that have fallen on unheeding ears She had gone on in her earnestness, unheeding of his question.— Henry James —sometimes used as a participial verb with a direct object … she flew to her husband, clung round his neck, and unheeding the presence of Varney, overwhelmed him with caresses …— Sir Walter Scott
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game