Definition of unheeding
: giving no attention : showing no awareness : not heeding protests that have fallen on unheeding ears She had gone on in her earnestness, unheeding of his question.— Henry James —sometimes used as a participial verb with a direct object … she flew to her husband, clung round his neck, and unheeding the presence of Varney, overwhelmed him with caresses …— Sir Walter Scott
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?