Definition of unexotic
: not strikingly strange or unusual : not exotic an unexotic suburban neighborhood The recipes, which include … a full range of cakes, Danish pastries, tarts, pies and cookies, are generally unexotic, but the commitment to use only the best ingredients, plus a superb sense of taste, makes this collection memorable.— Richard Sax
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- Summer Reading Picks from Merriam-Webster Staffers
- The Wayward Cousins of 'Irregardless'
- Different Words for Luggage and Baggage
- Rapping on 'Bad Rap' and 'Bad Rep' (and 'Bad Wrap')
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Word Winder's CrossWinder Play the game