tur·ri·tid | \ ˈtərətə̇d\
variants: or less commonly turrid \ ˈtərə̇d \
Definition of turritid
(Entry 1 of 2)
: of or relating to the Turritidae
variants: or less commonly turrid \ " \
Definition of turritid (Entry 2 of 2)
: a mollusk of the family Turritidae
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 10/18/19
- Noah Webster's Spelling Wins and Fails
- The Disputed Origins of the 'Egg Cream'
- At the Root of ‘Cubicle’
Ask the Editors
- Why Do People Pronounce It "Nucular"?
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Where in the World? A Quiz Take the quiz
- Advanced Vocabulary Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game