tobacco mosaic virusnoun
Definition of tobacco mosaic virus
: a single-stranded RNA virus (species Tobacco mosaic virus of the genus Tobamovirus) that occurs worldwide and causes mosaic disease in plants (such as tobacco and tomato) especially of the nightshade family
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?