reacquired; reacquiring; reacquires
Definition of reacquire
: to acquire again: such as
a : to regain as one's own … the Saad that returns to Chicago this fall, reacquired in a stunning trade for Artemi Panarin, brings more than just a more worldly view of the NHL with him.— Mark Lazerus
b : to relocate and hold (something previously held) in a detector The submarine slowed to reacquire the target.— Tom Clancy
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Casting Light on 'Angel'
- Words We're Watching: 'Lewk'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 11/8/19
- Words We're Watching: 'Nibling'
Ask the Editors
- Confusing Words—A Quiz Take the quiz
- Here Be Dragons: A Creature Identification Quiz Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- Dictionary Devil Play the game