reacquainted; reacquainting; reacquaints
Definition of reacquaint
: to give (someone) renewed knowledge and experience of something or someone : to make (someone) acquainted again Each Olympic year, it takes a few nights of television to reacquaint yourself with the language of the Olympiad.— Kate Rounds … the painstaking detail of the narrative … should reacquaint a new generation with forgotten truths.— David L. Kirp It would be an interesting and reflective way to reacquaint myself with the scale and beauty of my native land after nearly twenty years of living abroad.— Bill Bryson
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Is the Word 'Freshman' Going Out of Style?
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/23/19
- Getting to the Heart of 'Epicenter'
- 'Conscience' vs. 'Conscious': Let Us Be Your Guide
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- Syn City Play the game