variants: or pre-discharge
Definition of predischarge
: occurring before discharge (such as discharge from military service or the discharge of a debt) military predischarge programs All debtors must attend a two-hour course on managing finances in order to receive a bankruptcy discharge. This is sometimes referred to as budget counseling, debtor education, or predischarge counseling.— Stephen Elias et al.
Keep scrolling for more
standardized text or formulaic language
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Finance Words Quiz Take the quiz
- Namesakes Word Quiz Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Bee Cubed Play the game