variants: or pre-discovery
Definition of prediscovery
: existing or occurring before discovery: such as
a : existing or occurring before the discovery of an astronomical object found a prediscovery photograph of the comet searched for reports of pre-discovery sightings
b law : occurring or existing prior to discovery (see discovery sense 3) in a lawsuit First, pre-discovery summary judgment motions are usually premature and hence disfavored. — Bourbeau v. Jonathan Woodner Co., 600 F. Supp. 2d 1 (2009)
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?