Definition of pen
- enlisted the pens of the best writers
- —F. H. Chase
- insulin pens
- People accidentally exposed to a food culprit can use the pen to inject themselves with a dose of epinephrine—also known as adrenaline—to avoid a severe allergic reaction.
- —Walecia Konrad
PEN Defined for Kids
medical Definition of pen
- In type 1 diabetes, the pancreas can no longer produce insulin and patients must give themselves multiple daily injections with insulin pens or syringes …
- —The Republican (Springfield, Massachusetts), 27 Mar. 2013
- Illinois law allows schools to keep epinephrine pens around, and nurses or trained staff are allowed to use them in an emergency.
- —Mike Riopell, The Chicago Daily Herald, 31 Oct. 2013
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up pen? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).