with a (single) stroke of a/the/his/her penidiom
Definition of with a (single) stroke of a/the/his/her pen
: by a single act of moving a pen when it is being used to write or sign something —used figuratively The President has the power to end this policy with a (single) stroke of a/the/his pen.
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?