: neighborly relationship
- … a closer feeling of brotherhood, a more efficient sense of neighborhood …
- —Nathaniel Hawthorne
: the quality or state of being neighbors : proximity
- … refugees from the country, driven by fear or the neighborhood of armies.
- —F. L. Paxson
: a place or region near : vicinity
- traveled to a place somewhere in the neighborhood of that city
: an approximate amount, extent, or degree
- cost in the neighborhood of $100
: the people living near one another
- The whole neighborhood heard about it.
: a section lived in by neighbors and usually having distinguishing characteristics
- lived in a quiet neighborhood
: the set (see 2set 21) of all points belonging to a given set whose distances from a given point are less than a given positive (see 1positive 4e) number;
: a set that contains a neighborhood