Definition of intimidated
: made to feel timid : affected or held back by feelings of fear or timidity When you're a collector and just starting out, you do feel a bit intimidated …— Robert I. C. Fisher For years, the civil rights lobby, backed by Democrats in Congress, was so strong that critics often felt intimidated.— Joseph P. Shapiro … he was a supreme boss with a thoroughly intimidated staff that yearned to see him destroyed.— Russell Baker She didn't know how to use any of the other cardio machines and was too intimidated to ask.— Sarah Bowen Shea
Keep scrolling for more
an act or instance of editing or removing
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 12 Words For A Lunar Travelogue
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 7/19/19
- On ‘Perpetrate’ and ‘Perpetuate’
- 13 Verbs From The Breakfast Table
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?