Examples of integrity in a Sentence
- Many were tempted by a piece of the equity action and compromised their integrity. —Bruce Nussbaum, Business Week, 28 Jan. 2002
- By September, Gorbachev had told his aides that with Eastern Europe and Germany lost, the task was to defend the integrity of the Soviet Union itself. —Condoleezza Rice, Newsweek, 22 Nov. 1999
- But it is stunning to hear self-appointed watchdogs of public integrity shrug their shoulders at "standard" prosecutorial practice … —Wendy Kaminer, New York Times Book Review, 22 Mar. 1998
- … a hundred-and-one-year-old Jewish philanthropist … donated two and a quarter million dollars to the Archdiocese to purchase the property and preserve the integrity of the landmark. —Brendan Gill, New Yorker, 10 June 1991
He's a man of the highest integrity.
I admire her artistic integrity.
She had the integrity to refuse to compromise on matters of principle.
Without music, the film loses its integrity.
They are trying to preserve the cultural integrity of the community.
The earthquake may have damaged the building's structural integrity.
Recent Examples of integrity from the Web
Like a magician pulling away the curtain for a big reveal, Michael Tilson Thomas and the orchestra played Copland’s Symphony No. 3 on Thursday, March 15, displaying a powerful degree of ardor, clarity and expressive integrity.
The auto maker has maintained the 1999 Jeep wasn’t defective and met or exceeded all applicable federal safety standards, including one for fuel-tank integrity.
Rich Zacher, Principal/Builder, Empire Residential Communities, said his company’s reputation of quality and integrity was a major factor in acquiring the opportunity to create this unique home enclave.
Who would have thought that Crocs would be the subject of not one but TWO court cases protecting the novelty and integrity of their designs?
Hard work, your attitude, respect and integrity will be the cornerstones.
But making music without feeling has never been the same as making music without integrity.
This decision affirms that great tradition and reminds us that the independence and integrity of religion are best preserved when government money does not fund houses of worship.
Everyone involved in The Bachelor is producing television, and telling a story sometimes requires a lack of integrity.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'integrity.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Origin and Etymology of integrity
First Known Use: 14th centurySee Words from the same year
beguilement, craftiness, cunning, cunningness, furtiveness, guile, indirection, insidiousness, oiliness, perfidy, slickness, slipperiness, slyness, smoothness, treacherousness, trickery, underhandedness, unscrupulousness, wiliness;
Synonym Discussion of integrity
INTEGRITY Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of integrity for English Language Learners
: the quality of being honest and fair
: the state of being complete or whole
INTEGRITY Defined for Kids
Definition of integrity for Students
- a person of integrity
- The building has structural integrity.
medical Definition of integrity
- personality function depends greatly upon the integrity of brain function
- —Diagnostic & Statistical Manual
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up integrity? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).