Examples of integrity in a Sentence
- Many were tempted by a piece of the equity action and compromised their integrity. —Bruce Nussbaum, Business Week, 28 Jan. 2002
- By September, Gorbachev had told his aides that with Eastern Europe and Germany lost, the task was to defend the integrity of the Soviet Union itself. —Condoleezza Rice, Newsweek, 22 Nov. 1999
- But it is stunning to hear self-appointed watchdogs of public integrity shrug their shoulders at "standard" prosecutorial practice … —Wendy Kaminer, New York Times Book Review, 22 Mar. 1998
- … a hundred-and-one-year-old Jewish philanthropist … donated two and a quarter million dollars to the Archdiocese to purchase the property and preserve the integrity of the landmark. —Brendan Gill, New Yorker, 10 June 1991
He's a man of the highest integrity.
I admire her artistic integrity.
She had the integrity to refuse to compromise on matters of principle.
Without music, the film loses its integrity.
They are trying to preserve the cultural integrity of the community.
The earthquake may have damaged the building's structural integrity.
Recent Examples of integrity from the Web
Martial arts is about courage, integrity, honor and respect.
Properly applied, a blockchain can help assure data integrity, maintain auditable records, and even, in its latest iterations, render financial contracts into programmable software.
The most important thing for us is to make sure the process has integrity, moves along at a rate that preferably deals with issues while all actors are still involved.
Ferrelli did not answer further questions related to the death investigation, saying police weren't elaborating in order to protect the integrity investigation.
Structural integrity testing on Naperville's Moser Tower and Millennium Carillon should begin this fall, a city official said Wednesday.
The Academies’ report says that senior university administrators must lead the way in making clear to students and faculty that research integrity is a priority at their institution.
However, the tour won't cross the iconic Packard Plant bridge over East Grand Boulevard because of concerns about the bridge's structural integrity.
Encouraging discussion of new ideas is certainly one of our goals, but indiscriminate attacks that question the motivation and integrity of the doctors who contribute to the site is not.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'integrity.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
Origin and Etymology of integrity
First Known Use: 14th centurySee Words from the same year
Synonymscharacter, decency, goodness, honesty, morality, probity, rectitude, righteousness, rightness, uprightness, virtue, virtuousness
Antonymsbadness, evil, evildoing, immorality, iniquity, sin, villainy, wickedness
Related Wordshigh-mindedness, honor, incorruptibility, irreproachability, irreproachableness, right-mindedness, scrupulosity, scrupulousness; appropriateness, correctness, decorousness, decorum, etiquette, fitness, propriety, seemliness; ethics, morals
Near Antonymsimpropriety, indecency, indecorum, indiscretion; debauchery, degeneracy, degradation, depravity, perversion, pervertedness, sinfulness; crookedness, dishonesty, underhandedness, unscrupulousness; lowness, meanness, viciousness, vileness; corruption
Synonym Discussion of integrity
INTEGRITY Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of integrity for English Language Learners
: the quality of being honest and fair
: the state of being complete or whole
INTEGRITY Defined for Kids
Definition of integrity for Students
- a person of integrity
- The building has structural integrity.
medical Definition of integrity
- personality function depends greatly upon the integrity of brain function
- —Diagnostic & Statistical Manual
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up integrity? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).