Examples of integrity in a Sentence
- Many were tempted by a piece of the equity action and compromised their integrity. —Bruce Nussbaum, Business Week, 28 Jan. 2002
- By September, Gorbachev had told his aides that with Eastern Europe and Germany lost, the task was to defend the integrity of the Soviet Union itself. —Condoleezza Rice, Newsweek, 22 Nov. 1999
- But it is stunning to hear self-appointed watchdogs of public integrity shrug their shoulders at "standard" prosecutorial practice … —Wendy Kaminer, New York Times Book Review, 22 Mar. 1998
- … a hundred-and-one-year-old Jewish philanthropist … donated two and a quarter million dollars to the Archdiocese to purchase the property and preserve the integrity of the landmark. —Brendan Gill, New Yorker, 10 June 1991
He's a man of the highest integrity.
I admire her artistic integrity.
She had the integrity to refuse to compromise on matters of principle.
Without music, the film loses its integrity.
They are trying to preserve the cultural integrity of the community.
The earthquake may have damaged the building's structural integrity.
Recent Examples of integrity from the Web
At its best, risotto is an enticing bowl of perfectly cooked, just tender grains of rice — still full of textural integrity, with a characteristic yielding creaminess.
Wells Fargo, hoping to make the viewer forget about both widespread fraud and the blatant cover-up, takes the viewer back to a nostalgically gritty vision of the West, conflating what looks like Deadwood B-roll with integrity and values.
The employee who spoke to the Inquirer and Daily News on Wednesday said staffers had generally signed a core values statement that emphasized principles such as unity and integrity, but nothing that primarily affected LGBT and unmarried staffers.
The work invites us to commit to the challenge of maintaining personal integrity; Piper’s creation of it is an act of faith.
Suddenly Scalia, with his insistence on scholarship, integrity, consistency, and the rule of law, seems more teddy bear than monster.
If Poirot is to match his nemesis then everything about him will be called into question; his authority, his integrity, his past, his identity.
The integrity of our research — and the future of health care technology — depend on it.
That’s us living out our core values, including academic achievement, personal freedom and integrity, and the dignity and respect of the individual.
These example sentences are selected automatically from various online news sources to reflect current usage of the word 'integrity.' Views expressed in the examples do not represent the opinion of Merriam-Webster or its editors. Send us feedback.
beguilement, craftiness, cunning, cunningness, furtiveness, guile, indirection, insidiousness, oiliness, perfidy, slickness, slipperiness, slyness, smoothness, treacherousness, trickery, underhandedness, unscrupulousness, wiliness;
Synonym Discussion of integrity
INTEGRITY Defined for English Language Learners
Definition of integrity for English Language Learners
: the quality of being honest and fair
: the state of being complete or whole
INTEGRITY Defined for Kids
Definition of integrity for Students
- a person of integrity
- The building has structural integrity.
medical Definition of integrity
- personality function depends greatly upon the integrity of brain function
- —Diagnostic & Statistical Manual
Seen and Heard
What made you want to look up integrity? Please tell us where you read or heard it (including the quote, if possible).