ino·silicate | \ ¦inō, ¦īnō+\
Definition of inosilicate
: a class of polymeric silicates in which the silicon-oxygen tetrahedral groups share half of their oxygen atoms so as to form straight chains of indefinite length also : a member of this class
— called also metasilicate— compare cyclosilicate, nesosilicate, phyllosilicate, sorosilicate, tectosilicate
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- Hot Enough for You? Words for the Summer Heat
- Where Does 'Run-of-the-Mill' Come From?
- The Provenance of 'Providence'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 8/16/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Summer 2019 Words of the Day Quiz Take the quiz
- Obscure Shapes Take the quiz
- Name That Thing Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game