so·ro·silicate | \ ¦sōr(ˌ)ō+\
Definition of sorosilicate
: a class of polymeric silicates or a member thereof in which the silicon-oxygen groups are linked into limited clusters by sharing oxygen atoms (as in hemimorphite or in melilite or zunyite) and in some cases a portion of the silicon is replaced by aluminum — compare cyclosilicate, inosilicate, nesosilicate, phyllosilicate, tectosilicate
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 9/13/19
Ask the Editors
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?