tec·to·silicate | \ ¦tek(ˌ)tō+\
Definition of tectosilicate
: a polymeric silicate in which the silicon-oxygen tetrahedral groups are linked by sharing all of their oxygen atoms with other such groups so as to form a three-dimensional structure or network — compare cyclosilicate
Keep scrolling for more
something valued as if it were money
Get Word of the Day daily email!
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
Words at Play
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Time Traveler Quiz: Which Word Came First? Take the quiz
- Slippery Words Quiz—Changing with the Times Take the quiz
- Spell It Take the quiz
- SCRABBLE® Sprint Play the game