in and outadverb
Definition of in and out
(Entry 1 of 3)
in and outnoun
Definition of in and out (Entry 2 of 3)
: an obstacle found in fox hunting and steeplechasing consisting of two fences in close proximity but impossible to clear in the same jump
Definition of in-and-out (Entry 3 of 3)
1 : now good and now bad in performance an in-and-out showing — Williams Alumni Review
2 : characterized by purchase and sale of the same security within a short period in-and-out trading
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary for September 2019
- 7 Words Related to "Work"
- The Parts of the Fruit: Seed, Pericarp, and More
- The Trick to Choosing 'Pawn Off' or 'Palm Off'
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?