:affording light mirth and laughter :amusing
- His account of the war came in bits and pieces, sometimes bloody, sometimes funny.
- —Robert Penn Warren
:seeking or intended to amuse :facetious
- Don't take him so seriously; he was just being funny.
:differing from the ordinary in a suspicious, perplexing, quaint, or eccentric way :peculiar
—often used as a sentence modifier
- My car has been making a funny noise.
- Funny, things didn't turn out the way we planned.
:involving trickery or deception
- told his prisoner not to try anything funny