: affording light mirth and laughter : amusing
- His account of the war came in bits and pieces, sometimes bloody, sometimes funny.
- —Robert Penn Warren
: seeking or intended to amuse : facetious
- Don't take him so seriously; he was just being funny.
: differing from the ordinary in a suspicious, perplexing, quaint, or eccentric way : peculiar
—often used as a sentence modifier
- My car has been making a funny noise.
- Funny, things didn't turn out the way we planned.
: involving trickery or deception
- told his prisoner not to try anything funny