: cooked in hot oil or butter : cooked by frying
: damaged or destroyed by an electrical surge or malfunction
- The man behind the counter hooked up my computer to another machine and then gave me the bad news. "I'm afraid your hard drive is fried," the technician said.
- —Tom McNichol
: intoxicated, high
- … too fried on crystal meth to be gambling on a game of pool, but doing it nonetheless.
- —Joseph Wambaugh
- …what about that time you got fried at the frat house after the big game against State and the judge fined you $50 and costs for dropping quarts of beer in paper bags out the second-floor window?
- —Russell Baker
: mentally exhausted
- At dinner after the book signing, he's fried, barely able to converse.
- —Rick Martin
- After spending about 14 hours on ESPN Radio, SportsCenter and espn.com, Gammons was completely fried.
- —Rich Eisen