: near, being at, or belonging to the forepart
- the forward section of the main deck
: situated in advance
- Baggage is carried in the forward cars of the train.
: strongly inclined : ready
- always forward to criticize his neighbors
: lacking modesty or reserve : brash
- Poorly disciplined children are often distressingly forward.
: notably advanced or developed : precocious
- The child is very forward at walking.
: moving, tending, or leading toward a position in front
: moving toward an opponent's goal
- checked the forward movement of the dog
: advocating an advanced policy in the direction of what is considered progress
: of, relating to, or getting ready for the future
- forward buying of produce