Definition of filigreed
: decorated with ornamental openwork of delicate or intricate design : adorned with filigree a filigreed gold pendant Darting down the corridor to a wood-fired samovar tucked in a cupboard, she reappeared moments later carrying glasses in filigreed silver holders and teabags of Siberian milk tea, thick, fragrant and soothing.— David A. Andelman —sometimes used figuratively He has a skeptically friendly, mildly ironic conversational manner and a droll, filigreed [=ornate] prose style.— Mark Singer
Keep scrolling for more
Love words? Need even more definitions?Merriam-Webster unabridged
- We Added New Words to the Dictionary in April 2019
- The Good, The Bad, & The Semantically Imprecise - 4/19/19
- Aww it's So 'Adorkable'
- 'MacGyver': The Verb
- On Contractions of Multiple Words
- A Look at Uncommon Onomatopoeia
- Is Singular 'They' a Better Choice?
- Words from Greek and Latin Quiz Take the quiz
- Name That Thing: Animal Edition Take the quiz
- How Strong Is Your Vocabulary? Take the quiz
- Citation Play the game