Definition of exaggerated
- exaggerated fears
- a wildly exaggerated story
- As students go from one disconnected course to the next, they tend to form a highly exaggerated idea of the differences between teachers and subjects.
- —Gerald Graff
- … many people have an unusual or exaggerated response to a drug, but they are not necessarily allergic to the drug.
- —Paul D. Buisseret
- … my own view of the art of architecture—a view that many people (including many architects) would perhaps consider an exaggeratedly lofty one.
- —Brendan Gill
- Koenig's movements were brisk, exaggeratedly optimistic.
- —Nick Paumgarten
- … we often do not respond to exaggeration by simply pointing out its exaggeratedness …
- —Julie Kuhlken